We began in 1993 as a small, volunteer-run organisation. As a result of the commitment and dedication of key members and staff, Pozhet is now a state-wide Government funded agency.
We have an important role in responding to the needs of our members. We do this by:
- Running community education sessions and peer support events to keep our members informed and connected
- Linking our members with health and social services
- Developing information resources specific to the needs of positive heterosexuals
- Providing education to the health workforce to improve services for positive heterosexuals
- Representing and advocating for positive heterosexuals in a range of Government and non-government settings
- Partnering with other services and researchers on projects in the HIV sector