Could It Be HIV
Women make up around 10% of people diagnosed with HIV in Australia. More than 46% of women have been diagnosed late and there have been missed opportunities to help them live a long and healthy life.
Pozhet has partnered with Leichhardt Women’s Community Health Centre to develop a short film “Could It Be HIV”. The purpose of the film is to assist NSW health and community service workers to identify women who are at risk of HIV, encourage women to have an HIV test and, if women test positive, to feel confident about how to provide referral information and support.
In “Could It Be HIV”, six Australian women generously share their experiences about being diagnosed and living with HIV.
The complete video can be viewed by clicking on the image below, it is 35 minutes long, but you can view the individual chapters below.
- Could it be HIV – Introduction (6 mins)
- Symptoms and Diagnosis (5.27 mins)
- Responding to the Diagnosis (4.50 mins)
- Managing HIV (2.32 mins)
- Support (2.54 mins)
- The Importance of HIV testing (3.07 mins)
- Preventing HIV Transmission (2.16 mins)
- HIV and Having Children (33 seconds)
- The Future (1.15 mins)
- Legal Advice (3.57 mins)