The next Pozhet Drop-In will be held on Wednesday 1st February from 2-4pm, at the Redfern health Centre, 103 Redfern Street, Redfern
To join, call our Freecall number
1800 812 404 or email Pozhet on firstname.lastname@example.org, or just drop in.
Free tea and coffee, there is free Wi-Fi and computer access and partners are very welcome to come along
Pozhet is holding a morning tea in Redfern on Thursday December 1st to commemorate World AIDS Day, all are welcome.
HIV is still here, and if you are diagnosed with HIV in a country with good access to treatment like Australia, you can live a healthy life.
It’s important to get tested if you have been at risk. For more information have a look at this site.
Zainab talks about living with HIV
Did you know in NSW?
- There are about 10,000 people living with HIV
- At least 10% of people living with HIV don’t know they have the virus and could pass it on to others without knowing it
- One in six people diagnosed with HIV are heterosexual
- Early treatment means you can live a long and healthy life
- Testing is free, easy, fast and confidential
Ask for a test today
The new, extremely effective Direct acting Antivirals (DAA) have been available and subsidised in Australia since earlier this year. The Kirby Institute is currently recruiting for a study called CEASE which has been designed to eliminate hepatitis C amongst people living with HIV in Australia. People with HIV/hepatitis C co-infection in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and South Australia are invited to enrol by contacting Arlen Wilcox, the Project Coordinator on (02) 9385 9970.