It is difficult to find new recipes when on a tight budget. Have a try of this haloumi salad. There is nothing like grilled haloumi. Invite some friends over and give it a try.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 2 bunches of mini asparagus, trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, cut into 2cm-wide strips
- 2 small zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 180g haloumi seasoned with lime & pepper, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts,
- serve with toasted lime wedges
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Combine oil and garlic in a bowl. Season. Toss asparagus and capsicum with half the oil mixture. Cook on grill, turning, for 3-4 mins or until lightly charred and just tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Toss zucchini in the remaining oil mixture. Cook on grill, turning for 2-3 mins or until lightly charred and just tender. Transfer to the plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cook the haloumi on the grill for 1-2 mins on each side or until golden. Arrange the asparagus, capsicum and zucchini on a serving platter. Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with the pine nuts. Top with the haloumi and serve with lime wedges.