Pozhet is funded by the NSW Ministry of Health to promote the health and wellbeing of heterosexuals with HIV, their partners and family across NSW.
Pozhet is located and managed day-to-day through the Community HIV Service in the Sydney Local Health District.
Pozhet has an Advisory Committee and a Consumer Group to guide its programs.
The Advisory Group draws membership from the following bodies:
- Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council
- Albion Centre
- Community Health, Sydney Local Health District
- Pozhet Consumer Group
- Family Planning, New South Wales
- HIV and Related Programs Unit, South East Sydney Local Health District
- HIV and Related Programs Unit, Sydney Local Health District
- HIV and Related Programs Unit, Western Sydney Local Health District
- HIV/AIDS Paediatric Service, Sydney Children’s Hospital
- National Association of People Living with HIV Australia
- Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW
- Positive Life NSW
Pozhet Consumer Group
Pozhet’s Consumer Group is drawn from its members. Members may include men and women living heterosexually with HIV and their partners who live in NSW. At least one member must be from a regional area.
The Pozhet Consumer Group guides Pozhet’s projects and priorities through consultation, suggestion and feedback. The Group meets at least three times a year.
To enquire about joining the Pozhet Consumer Group, contact Pozhet.