News and Info
Pozhet is holding a morning tea in Redfern on Thursday December 1st to commemorate World AIDS Day, all are welcome.
HIV is still here, and if you are diagnosed with HIV in a country with good access to treatment like Australia, you can live a healthy life.
It’s important to get tested if you have been at risk. For more information have a look at this site.
Zainab talks about living with HIV
Did you know in NSW?
- There are about 10,000 people living with HIV
- At least 10% of people living with HIV don’t know they have the virus and could pass it on to others without knowing it
- One in six people diagnosed with HIV are heterosexual
- Early treatment means you can live a long and healthy life
- Testing is free, easy, fast and confidential
Ask for a test today
The ongoing PARTNER study has recently published research which adds important data to our knowledge about preventing HIV transmission. This study included 1166 serodifferent couples (548 were heterosexual) where the positive partner was on effective antiretroviral treatment (ART) [Read more…] about No linked HIV transmissions in PARTNER study